1.13.2011

One Tarty Period

The title is much saucier than the content I'm afraid. Here are a few of my painted renderings for a 1670s version of Tartuffe.

Watercoloring and I are not exactly on speaking terms. Heck, make that painting in general. We do the polite get together every now and then, but it's just not the same as with photoshop. ;) It's just that photoshop and I get along so well, it makes dabbling with other mediums so awkward.

My main issue with watercolor is keeping the white under the color and leaving blank spaces. I have such a photoshop mindset where I NEED to fill everything in completely fill and then add highlight and shadow later. Watercolor also looks better when things aren't perfect and I cannot for the life of get all "loose and free."

That said, I'm quite proud of these! Granted I'm only posting half of them (because there is no way the other's will see the light of day) but these 4 turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment