8.09.2011

INSPIRATION: Steampunk in film.

{Sketch by Hannah Greene }
I'll post the rest of my drawings from a steampunk figure drawing session I went to last week a little later. For now here's a collection of costumes from films that go along with that theme.

These films are actually more period-with-a-twist or fantasy than true steampunk, but that's what I really look to for inspiration when I'm in the mood for some industrial era nostalgia.

BE WARNED: Not all of these films are good (I'm looking at you, Wild Wild West). However, they're fun and definitely worth watching for the absolutely fabulous costume and production design.

P.S. 
I purposely did NOT include The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
No one should ever be subjected to sit through that movie, 
no matter how good it looks.

Wild Wild West (1999)
Costume Designer: Deborah L. Scott

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)
Costume Designer: Colleen Atwood
 

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
Costume Designer: Norman Martien

Atlantis (2001)
Costumes & Wardrobe Department: Akeime Mitterlehner & Alison M. Schmidt 
 


Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Costume Designer: Colleen Atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment