5.14.2010

Eyebrow Gluing: You know, just a normal Thursday night...

Gotta love studying costume design. We get random but fun homework assignments like this week's "blocking eyebrows" task. Last night I blasted a Queen/David Bowie/Abba mix and got to work. 

The formula extraordinaire is:

- Brush and coat eyebrows with Elmer's stick glue -
- Using a brush, powder and glue again -
- Repeat gluing and powdering until eyebrows are completely smooth and flattened -
- Apply an extremely thick concealer over glued brows until fully covered -
- Blend into make-up until brows are invisible -
***Drag makeup optional**

This was my first attempt but it seemed to go relatively well. My brows are narrow but are dark and super dense making them difficult to camouflage. I had to coat and coat and coat them to discover that no matter what I tried you could still see the eyebrow ridge around the section by the bridge of my nose.  With practice I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem..... or it's because I'm just abnormally hairy.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. OMG HMG, I just laughed my arse off! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what these posts are for, dontcha know?
    *grin*

    ReplyDelete