5.19.2010

Rick Baker's Fabulous Studio


Last Saturday I got to go and see makeup extraordinaire Rick Baker's studio. Nobody special, just a winner of 6 Academy Awards and designed creatures for movies like The Grinch, Men In Black, Planet of the Apes, Wolfman, and the Nutty Professor.  It was better than Disneyland (OK, I've ever been to Disneyland, but I'm pretty sure this tops it).

His studio is an enormous area full of creature creating cubicles, make-up rooms, Gothic inspired architecture and a graveyard. Yeah that's right, a graveyard! There also was a mini-museum area where the creatures he created were on display. Naturally pictures needed to be taken to document everything.

2 comments:

  1. Bah Humbug! Ok, I know... different literary reference, but you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome. What City / State is Rick Baker's studio in? I am in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete