2.27.2011

I Heart True Grit


The Oscars are tonight and personally, I'm rooting for True Grit and Mary Zophres for Best Costume Design. She makes dirt interesting and fun which I've really grown to appreciate the complexity of thanks to my last couple of design projects. My favorite pieces include the traveling man wearing a full bear skin and LaBeouf's fringed buckskin coat (Zophres said that in the script his character's is described as having "a bit too much pizazz"). The whole movie is so well done and the costumes add so much detail and touches of humor. I just think she knocked it out of the park.

Oh, and I got to meet her a few weeks ago at the FIDM exhibit opening night! If you want to read my interview with her where I try not to geek out, you can check it out on Frocktalk.com.

MARY ZOPHRES' COSTUME SKETCHES 

TRAVELING MAN

MARY ZOPHRES WITH HER WORK





No comments:

Post a Comment